St Louis de Montfort’s school provides a dynamic sense of community and fosters a welcoming, family atmosphere. The school has a very strong parent group who are vital to the sense of belonging in the school.
Parents are welcome to participate in all aspects of the school with the main support coming through the Parish Education Board, Parent and Friends Committee, Class Representatives, Classroom Helpers, Canteen, Uniform Shop, and individual contributions in the classrooms, on excursions or for special school events.
Participation in the various parent and school community committees provide an opportunity for parents to contribute to and become involved in the schooling of their children.
St Louis parents are involved in the following committees:
Parish Education Board – open to all parents of the school community on a three-year term basis. Aims include:
- to act as an advisory body to the parish priest and principal, on matters concerning education in the parish
- to act as a forum for discussion on matters concerning education in the parish primary school St Louis de Montfort’s Parish and School
- to provide a link between the parish priest, principal, teachers and parishioners in relation to the provision of Catholic education in the parish community
- to promote community development by fostering a strong interrelationship between parish and the parish primary school, Catholic secondary colleges and pre-schools.
Parents and Friends Association – open to all members of the parish and school community. Aims include:
- to promote family and community life within the school
- to assist in the provision of amenities through fundraising
- to assist in the conduct of functions and activities within the school
- to provide an opportunity for social contact between parents, friends and students of the school.
Class Representatives – open to all members of the school community. Aims include:
- to collate a Class Contact List to distribute to all families in the class
- to assist with our annual Chocolate Drive, Easter Raffle, Mothers’ & Fathers’ Day Stall and Christmas Raffle
- to assist with special lunch days
- to assist with the Parish Carnival and School Musical Production alternating every two years
- to promote and coordinate family social activities for your class.
St Louis Men’s Club – open to all fathers of students and men within the community. Aims include:
- to raise money for the school and parish
- to provide social opportunities for men within the community
- to provide support to the wider local community as required
- to provide assistance at parish and school functions.