Bullying is a serious problem
- Being bullied at school can seriously affect your physical and mental health.
- The majority of reported bullying (90%) happens during school break times.
- In Australian schools, bullying affects approximately 1 student in every 4.
- Cyberbullying is increasingly becoming a danger to young people in Australia; affecting at least 1 in 10 students. It can happen at any hour, anywhere and reach a vast audience.
- Children who bully others at the age of 14 years are likely to still engage in aggression at the age of 32 years and to have children who themselves engage in bullying and aggression.
“Bullying can be very harmful and it should not be part of anyone’s growing up.”